About The Author
Fair Punishment Project uses legal research and educational initiatives to ensure that the U.S. justice system is fair and accountable. As a joint initiative of Harvard Law School's Charles Hamilton Houston Institute and its Criminal Justice Institute, we work to highlight the gross injustices resulting from prosecutorial misconduct, ineffective defense lawyers, and racial bias, and to illuminate the laws that result in excessive punishment.
November 4, 2016
- New York Retreats on Bail Reform Amid Coronavirus Outbreak
- Pennsylvania Lawmakers To Introduce Prisoner Furlough Bill During COVID-19 Pandemic
- The Pandemic Exposes The Shared Fates Of The Jailed And The Jailer
- As Coronavirus Spreads, So Does Panic and Confusion at Immigration Courts Across The U.S.
- Sex Offender Registry Requirements Leave Some Facing Stark Choices As Coronavirus Risks Grow
- People Held in New York Prison Say They Face Abuse After Guard In Their Unit Tested Positive For COVID-19