Ineffective counsel can be the difference between life and death for a defendant. Frequently, death penalty counties are defined by bad defense lawyers who don’t give a jury a reason to spare a defendant’s life.
- A New Rhode Island Law Allows For Life Sentences in Drug Overdoses
- The Appeal Podcast: When Electronic Cages Replace Steel and Cement
- Most Recent Deaths At East Baton Rouge Jail Could Have Been Avoided
- Justice in America Episode 4: A Conversation With John Legend
- Defund The Baltimore Police
- Caretaker Faces Deportation Over Dubious ‘Shaken Baby’ Conviction