Ineffective counsel can be the difference between life and death for a defendant. Frequently, death penalty counties are defined by bad defense lawyers who don’t give a jury a reason to spare a defendant’s life.
- The Power of Prosecutors
- FOSTA Backers to Sex Workers: Your Work Can Never Be Safe
- Did Gov. Cuomo Grant New York Parolees the Right to Vote? Not Exactly.
- Prosecutors Aren’t Just Enforcing the Law — They’re Making It
- Public Defender Foils Prosecutor’s Murder Charge in Drug Overdose
- Why Public Defenders Matter More Than Ever in a Time of Reform