Ineffective counsel can be the difference between life and death for a defendant. Frequently, death penalty counties are defined by bad defense lawyers who don’t give a jury a reason to spare a defendant’s life.
- #ByeCy: Organizers call for embattled Manhattan D.A.’s resignation
- New Orleans DA bullies public defenders for doing their job
- Chicago Activists Say #NoCopAcademy; Hospital Says No Kidney For Son of Justice-Involved Dad … and…
- Prosecutors: What Makes a Reformer?
- These NFL stars say it’s time to end cash bail. Here’s why.
- This $2.75 gateway to jail targets New York’s poorest black neighborhoods