Ineffective counsel can be the difference between life and death for a defendant. Frequently, death penalty counties are defined by bad defense lawyers who don’t give a jury a reason to spare a defendant’s life.
- The Appeal Podcast Episode 4: How Prison Reform Was Co-Opted to Sell More Prisons
- New Evidence in the Death of a Queens Massage Worker
- Alice Marie Johnson is free. Now it’s time to free thousands more prisoners with unjustly long sentences.
- Bail Reform: Explained
- Wolves in Progressive Clothing
- Louisiana’s Love Affair With Locking Up Kids For Life