About The Author
Fair Punishment Project uses legal research and educational initiatives to ensure that the U.S. justice system is fair and accountable. As a joint initiative of Harvard Law School's Charles Hamilton Houston Institute and its Criminal Justice Institute, we work to highlight the gross injustices resulting from prosecutorial misconduct, ineffective defense lawyers, and racial bias, and to illuminate the laws that result in excessive punishment.
November 4, 2016
March 30, 2016
March 29, 2016
- The Appeal Podcast Episode 4: How Prison Reform Was Co-Opted to Sell More Prisons
- New Evidence in the Death of a Queens Massage Worker
- Alice Marie Johnson is free. Now it’s time to free thousands more prisoners with unjustly long sentences.
- Bail Reform: Explained
- Wolves in Progressive Clothing
- Louisiana’s Love Affair With Locking Up Kids For Life