Too often in the U.S. justice system, sentences are too severe for the weight of the crime, or are handed down to individuals who suffer from crippling impairments that diminish their culpability. The Fair Punishment Project illuminates excessive punishments and the systemic problems that create them.
- LA Police Union Contributes $1 Million To Anti-George Gascón PAC
- ‘He Had Already Hurt Me.’ Alabama Woman Argues For ‘Stand Your Ground’ Immunity In Killing of Alleged Rapist
- Crashes, Injuries, Deaths: The Dangers of Police Chases
- Black Women Prosecutors Rally Behind St. Louis Circuit Attorney Over Racist Backlash
- Man Spared From Execution After Rare Clemency Grant
- New Jersey Takes On Vestige Of Three-Fifths Clause: Prison Gerrymandering