Too often in the U.S. justice system, sentences are too severe for the weight of the crime, or are handed down to individuals who suffer from crippling impairments that diminish their culpability. The Fair Punishment Project illuminates excessive punishments and the systemic problems that create them.
- Can We Banish Our Way to Public Safety?
- Stop-And-Frisk Made Michael Bloomberg A Big Target In The Presidential Debate. His Opponents Still Missed.
- A Famed Federal Judge Was Just Accused Of Sexual Misconduct. It’s An All-Too Familiar Case For Law Clerks.
- In San Quentin Prison, Getting The Flu Can Land You In Solitary Confinement
- Collective Punishment At A Massachusetts Prison
- Jamal Trulove: The Enduring Trauma of Stop-and-Frisk